COMPLETED PROJECT

I-55 PAVEMENT RESTORATION AND INTERCHANGE IMPROVEMENTS

Project Details

Client

Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT)

Value

$56.2M

Location

McComb, MS

Work Hours

124,131

Scope

Barriere expanded into a new regional market and established a new public infrastructure partnership with this 13.1-mile roadway upgrade designed to increase traffic capacity while improving traffic flow and overall rider experience on MS 570, which connects I-12 and Jackson.

Award-winning quality in construction services included 7.6 miles of concrete rubbilization and asphalt overlay, 5.5 miles of concrete rehabilitation, median drainage improvements, and the installation of 24 new traffic signals. Additionally, Barriere supplied 95% of the Project asphalt from its Franklinton plant (the remaining 5% came from a McComb-based supplier), recycled 100% of concrete and asphalt milling on site, and used its knowledge of native soils to run its own dirt operation.

The Project was successfully delivered on budget and five days early – the Mayor of McComb, Whitney Rawlings, was specifically “appreciative of [Barriere’s] attention to business, the high quality of work performed, and the early completion date.”

Awards

National Asphalt Pavement Association – Quality in Construction (over 50k tons category)
Mississippi Asphalt Pavement Association – Best New Construction/Reconstruction Project

Related Projects

Livingston Siding

Livingston Siding

Client

Illinois Central Railroad Company

Value

$2.68M

US 90: J-Turns St. Mary Parish

US 90: J-Turns St. Mary Parish

Client

Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development

Value

$16.2M

Ammonia Rail Line Expansion Phases 1-5

Ammonia Rail Line Expansion Phases 1-5

Client

CF Industries

Value

$14.1M

SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER

Stay informed about company news and construction industry trends and insights.

lapa
agcoa
gbria
abcinc
napa
napa
logo-on-dark-gray