Job ID: 478801
Barriere Construction, a CRH Company, is the Louisiana-based infrastructure contractor of choice for our Gulf South employees and customers. For 70+ years, we have continuously created value through our Culture of Care while safely and reliably delivering quality construction projects and materials under budget and on time, every time – this is our B Guarantee. Infrastructure and heavy civil construction services include asphalt and concrete paving, site preparation, structural, mechanical, and turnkey services. Materials sales are also available for all projects including your own, from residential to industrial. We are one of the largest asphalt producers in Louisiana with the largest asphalt plant in the state along with two others. Our award-winning Construction Group is constantly expanding the scope of its capabilities. It currently specializes in transportation, petrochemical, power, commercial, residential, and ports and rail projects.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the projects that they oversee which includes safety, quality, estimating and financial results
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage projects assigned from pre-construction through final payment of the work.
- Schedule and lead internal and external preconstruction planning and meetings.
- Ensure that proper subcontracts and material purchase orders are submitted and approved prior to work activities.
- Create and maintain accurate project schedules that are communicated to both internal and external stakeholders. Includes internal daily schedules.
- Review daily schedules, trucking schedules, plant schedules, etc. for correctness of projects managed.
- Maintain daily contact with employees supervised to ensure proper knowledge of projects managed.
- Ensure that project quantities are tracked and reported daily in DQW. Review daily and weekly P&L reports for accuracy.
- Maintain job folders for projects managed.
- Mentor and develop direct reports.
- Ensure open and honest communication with project owners and General Contractors.
- Provide contract administrators with monthly estimates. Participate in monthly billing meetings and ensure proper billings are being submitted to the owner.
- Schedule and attend final project inspections. Secure documentation from the owner on Substantial Completion.
- Responsible for the collection of project revenue receivables.
- Maintain acceptable business relationships with General Contractors, Subcontractors, Vendors, etc
- Responsible for all aspects of the bidding process.
- Conduct preconstruction job rides with necessary personnel.
- Participate in bid review process.
- Ensure that bid documents are submitted correctly and on time.
- Ensure that all post bid documents are submitted correctly and on time.
- Ensure and audit that the quality on projects managed meet or exceed both internal and external minimum standards.
- Ensure and participate in Learning Events if a quality incident on projects is deemed necessary by Supervisor or Leadership Council.
- Ensure and audit safety policies and procedures are being conducted adequately on projects managed.
- Ensure and conduct Learning Events if an incident on projects is deemed necessary by Supervisor or Leadership Council.
- Review and approve utility plans on projects managed.
- Participate in required TAR/IPC audits monthly.
5% Other Duties Assigned
- HS Diploma
Indicate the minimum number of years and type of experience required to perform the job.
Three (3) Years Minimum as a Field Engineer, estimator or related experience
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management or similar
Five (5) Years as a Field engineer, estimator or equivalent experience
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Barriere Construction, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.