Job ID: 489677
Barriere Construction, a CRH Company, is the Louisiana-based infrastructure contractor of choice for our Gulf South employees and customers. For 70+ years, we have continuously created value through our Culture of Care while safely and reliably delivering quality construction projects and materials under budget and on time, every time – this is our B Guarantee. Infrastructure and heavy civil construction services include asphalt and concrete paving, site preparation, structural, mechanical, and turnkey services. Materials sales are also available for all projects including your own, from residential to industrial. We are one of the largest asphalt producers in Louisiana with the largest asphalt plant in the state along with two others. Our award-winning Construction Group is constantly expanding the scope of its capabilities. It currently specializes in transportation, petrochemical, power, commercial, residential, and ports and rail projects.
Barriere Construction, founded in 1949, is an asphalt and concrete paving, highway and heavy civil, and industrial construction company headquartered in New Orleans, LA. Like a road’s base installation, Barriere employees form the foundation of our business. Our entrepreneurial culture thrives on a diverse mix of abilities – allowing us to create innovative solutions while opening doors in new and emerging markets. Our reputation for ethical behavior enables us to attract and retain the best talent and loyal customers south Louisiana has to offer.
- Competitive Wage and Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Spending Account
We are currently searching for an experienced Asphalt Plant Equipment Operator to join our Baton Rouge Asphalt team of talented employees!
- Must have experience in operating a Front End Loader, ManLift & Fork Lift
- Computer Knowledge
- Strong Mathematical Skills
- Able to analyze Data
- Moving Materials
- Stock Pile Materials
- Fueling lubricating
- Cleaning Loader
- Loading of trucks
- Filling hoppers for the plant
- Being able to work outside
- Being in good physical condition
- 1 year minimum experience in road or construction field working outdoors.
- The ability to work outdoors in extreme conditions, such as cold, heat and humidity
- Able to individually lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and pull or push up to 70 lbs.
- Observe all safety protocol.
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, the duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and may be amended at anytime as necessitated by business demands at the sole discretion of the Employer.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Barriere Construction, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.