Job ID: 488589
CRH's Americas Materials, a division of CRH, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete and paving and construction services in North America. Our operations span North America with over 28,000 employees at close to 1,600 locations in 43 US States and 2 Canadian provinces.
Provides exemplary customer service to an assigned end user base and is responsible for the maintenance and administration of computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software and all configurations. This role is the face of IT and will act as a liaison between IT and end users for all IT related needs.
Applies developed knowledge of job skills, company policies and procedures, and business demand to meet customer expectations. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature and require judgment, initiative, and technical/specialized knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommendations and solutions. Works under limited supervision and must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize workload and his/her daily activities. This position will report to either a Field Services Lead or Field Services Manager.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Serves as the IT liaison to end users and provides desk side and remote technical assistance to end users during and after regular business hours due to an emergency, or in support of special business projects and initiatives.
- Maintains and administers computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Identifies and resolves technical issues and/or researches and recommends effective solutions.
- Provides support and assistance for plant process systems including Command, APEX/JWS, Libra Loadout and others as required.
- Actively communicates with customers, peers, higher-level teams and management to ensure timely resolution of issues and status updates.
- Assists in the management of asset inventory.
- Assists teams in testing and deploying software and patch management.
- Adheres to departmental standards and ensures appropriate use of information systems.
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of training guides and knowledge base solutions.
- Supports the continuous improvement culture of the company and IT department through the identification of potential process/procedural improvements and/or participation on cross functional/regional teams.
- Evaluates and implements new systems that help to increase productivity or enhance overall business operations.
- Establishes and maintains positive and effective work relationships with co-workers, leaders, and customers
- Travels to other business sites to provide additional support or to attend training sessions.
- Performs reporting and administrative functions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Associate degree in information technology or equivalent, or 3 years of experience working in a similar IT support role.
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and 11, Office 2016/365, Mobile devices, VPN, and Networking.
- A+, ITIL Foundation and recent MCP preferred.
- Greater consideration given to Citrix, ShoreTel, and Command Alkon system experience.
Work and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to safely lift 10 – 30 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Available to work on an on-call basis as scheduled by management.
- Ability to drive up to 4 hours for onsite services during business and off hours as needed.
- Ability for overnight travel as required based on business and IT needs up to 50%.
- Must pass background check, alcohol, and drug testing.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours in response to critical incidents or business-impacting project deliverables.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates strong desktop, network and application configuration, troubleshooting and installation knowledge.
- Demonstrates desire toward learning new technologies and maintaining industry standards and best practices.
- Ability to identify customer needs, gather relevant information systematically and resolve problems.
- Ability to present ideas in concise, business, technical, and user-friendly language.
- Ability to work individually, in a traditional team environment, and with virtual teams.
- Ability to effectively work alongside and communicate with people with a wide range of skills, experience, cultures and capabilities.
- Ability to individually manage travel expenses on a weekly basis.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Highly motivated and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a commitment toward customer service.
- Normal office working conditions in addition to industrial plant sites and quarries, requiring the usage of personal protective equipment, e.g. hard hat, steel-toed boots, and safety glasses.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
CRH Americas Materials Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.