Job ID: 483127
Barriere Construction, a CRH Company, is the Louisiana-based infrastructure contractor of choice for our Gulf South employees and customers. For 70+ years, we have continuously created value through our Culture of Care while safely and reliably delivering quality construction projects and materials under budget and on time, every time – this is our B Guarantee. Infrastructure and heavy civil construction services include asphalt and concrete paving, site preparation, structural, mechanical, and turnkey services. Materials sales are also available for all projects including your own, from residential to industrial. We are one of the largest asphalt producers in Louisiana with the largest asphalt plant in the state along with two others. Our award-winning Construction Group is constantly expanding the scope of its capabilities. It currently specializes in transportation, petrochemical, power, commercial, residential, and ports and rail projects.
We are currently searching for an Field QC Technician to join our talented team of employees!
Quality control technicians are responsible for testing materials and finished products to ensure they conform to all applicable laws and company standards
- Monitor weekly schedule for project specific needs
- Coordinate with owners for core cutting and IRI specification
- Inputting data into Paver tracker
- Filling out and submitting QC summary daily for each project
- Maintain certification for High speed IRI system on vehicle, density gauge, and core trailer
- Experience in devising and reviewing plans, documents, and specifications.
- Attend pre-construction meetings
- Communicates deficiencies with the foreperson and crew and works towards a solution
- Participate in Tar meetings
- Preplan work and do initial QC ride of each project
1 year of Construction or Quality Control experience.
HS Diploma or equivalent
3 years of Construction Material testing experience
Associate degree in construction major or related major.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme conditions, such as cold, heat & humidity
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., and push or pull up to 70 lbs.
- Helps maintain clean and orderly job site.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must observe and abide all Barriere safety regulations.
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, the duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and may be amended at any time as necessitated by business demands at the sole discretion of the Employer.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Barriere Construction Company A CRH Company is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Barriere Construction Company A CRH Company makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Barriere Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.