Job ID: 476584
Barriere Construction, a CRH Company, is the Louisiana-based infrastructure contractor of choice for our Gulf South employees and customers. For 70+ years, we have continuously created value through our Culture of Care while safely and reliably delivering quality construction projects and materials under budget and on time, every time – this is our B Guarantee. Infrastructure and heavy civil construction services include asphalt and concrete paving, site preparation, structural, mechanical, and turnkey services. Materials sales are also available for all projects including your own, from residential to industrial. We are one of the largest asphalt producers in Louisiana with the largest asphalt plant in the state along with two others. Our award-winning Construction Group is constantly expanding the scope of its capabilities. It currently specializes in transportation, petrochemical, power, commercial, residential, and ports and rail projects.
The Field Engineer is responsible for supporting field and project management on projects that they are assigned. Duties include project level safety, quality, estimating and financial results.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with projects assigned from pre-construction through final payment of the work.
• Participate in internal and external preconstruction planning and meetings. Assist with PM/Estimator in gathering all necessary documents for meetings.
• Ensure that proper subcontracts and material purchase orders are submitted and approved prior to work activities.
• Assist, create, and maintain accurate project schedules that are communicated to both internal and external stakeholders. Includes internal daily schedules.
• Develop daily schedules and End of Shift reports with field and project management for projects assigned.
• Order materials for projects managed through the PO system. PO submission and approval might be necessary at times.
• Review daily schedules, trucking schedules, plant schedules, etc. for correctness on projects assigned.
• Maintain daily contact with Supervisor and other field management to ensure proper knowledge of projects assigned. Communicate any issues that arise on projects assigned.
• Track project both internal and subcontracted quantities daily in DQW. Review daily and weekly P&L reports for accuracy.
• Ensure open and honest communication with project owners and General Contractors.
• Assist contract administrators and Project Managers with monthly estimates. Participate in monthly billing meetings and ensure proper billings are being submitted to the owner.
• Assist and attend final project inspections. Secure documentation from the owner on Substantial Completion.
• Assist with the collection of project revenue receivables.
• Maintain acceptable business relationships with General Contractors, Subcontractors, Vendors, etc.
• Ensure and audit that the quality of projects assigned meets or exceeds both internal and external minimum standards.
• Participate in Learning Events if a quality incident on projects is deemed necessary by Supervisor or Leadership Council.
• Ensure and audit safety policies and procedures are being conducted adequately on projects assigned.
• Participate in Learning Events if an incident on projects is deemed necessary by Supervisor or Leadership Council.
• Provide project One Calls and develop utility plans on projects assigned. Communicate with Utility owners to make sure utilities are marked correctly.
• Participate in preconstruction job rides with necessary personnel.
• Provide PM/Estimator with necessary takeoffs prior to bid.
• Participate in the bid review process.
• Assist with bid document submission and attend bid openings when required by Supervisor.
• Bid projects when assigned by Supervisor.
- HS Diploma or Bachelors Degree
- 1 year of Construction experience preffered
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Barriere Construction, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.