Job ID: 482851
Barriere Construction, a CRH Company, is the Louisiana-based infrastructure contractor of choice for our Gulf South employees and customers. For 70+ years, we have continuously created value through our Culture of Care while safely and reliably delivering quality construction projects and materials under budget and on time, every time – this is our B Guarantee. Infrastructure and heavy civil construction services include asphalt and concrete paving, site preparation, structural, mechanical, and turnkey services. Materials sales are also available for all projects including your own, from residential to industrial. We are one of the largest asphalt producers in Louisiana with the largest asphalt plant in the state along with two others. Our award-winning Construction Group is constantly expanding the scope of its capabilities. It currently specializes in transportation, petrochemical, power, commercial, residential, and ports and rail projects.
Barriere Construction, founded in 1949, is an asphalt and concrete paving, highway and heavy civil, and industrial construction company headquartered in New Orleans, LA. Like a road’s base installation, Barriere employees form the foundation of our business. Our entrepreneurial culture thrives on a diverse mix of abilities – allowing us to create innovative solutions while opening doors in new and emerging markets. Our reputation for ethical behavior enables us to attract and retain the best talent and loyal customers south Louisiana has to offer.
- Competitive Wage and Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Spending Account
We are currently searching for an experienced Carpenter to join our Barriere Construction Group team of talented employees!
- Select materials and structural units (such as lumber, prefabricated doors, cabinets of wood or plastic, paneling) and ensure conformance with provisions of building code and local ordinance.
- Determine sequence of activities concerned with fabrication, assembly, and erection of structure.
- Examine blueprints to determine dimensions of structure and lay out floor-plan and cabinetwork.
- Assign workers to such tasks as cutting material to size, building concrete forms, and erecting wooden framework.
- May supervise workers engaged in building timber structures, such as cofferdams, trestles and supports for concrete forms.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience with form and commercial carpentry
- Must abide by all Barriere safety regulations and maintain a safe and clean work environment
- MUST HAVE A VALID TWIC CARD & BASIC PLUS REQUIRED!
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, the duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and may be amended at anytime as necessitated by business demands at the sole discretion of the Employer.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Barriere Construction Company A CRH Company is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Barriere Construction Company A CRH Company makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, read through our EEO Policy.
Barriere Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.