Job ID: 477995
Barriere Construction, a CRH Company, is the Louisiana-based infrastructure contractor of choice for our Gulf South employees and customers. For 70+ years, we have continuously created value through our Culture of Care while safely and reliably delivering quality construction projects and materials under budget and on time, every time – this is our B Guarantee. Infrastructure and heavy civil construction services include asphalt and concrete paving, site preparation, structural, mechanical, and turnkey services. Materials sales are also available for all projects including your own, from residential to industrial. We are one of the largest asphalt producers in Louisiana with the largest asphalt plant in the state along with two others. Our award-winning Construction Group is constantly expanding the scope of its capabilities. It currently specializes in transportation, petrochemical, power, commercial, residential, and ports and rail projects.
Barriere Construction, founded in 1949, is an asphalt and concrete paving, highway and heavy civil, and industrial construction company headquartered in New Orleans, LA. Like a road’s base installation, Barriere employees form the foundation of our business. Our entrepreneurial culture thrives on a diverse mix of abilities – allowing us to create innovative solutions while opening doors in new and emerging markets. Our reputation for ethical behavior enables us to attract and retain the best talent and loyal customers south Louisiana has to offer.
- Competitive Wage and Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Spending Account
We are currently searching for an experienced Craftsman/Laborer to join our North Shore Asphalt team of talented employees!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing utility pipe for crew
- Cutting materials
- Hauling materials
- Hand grading
- Checking string lines
- Housekeeping at job site
- Checking safety protocol
- Laying out job materials according to plan
- Beginning of day set-up and end of day clean-up, etc.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme conditions, such as cold, heat and humidity
- Employees must be able to lift 51 pounds for all physical job descriptions
- Must observe all safety protocol.
- Able to work with a wheelbarrow
- Hand tools
- Any other small piece of equipment used to move concrete and pipe
- Minimum of 1 yr. experience in the road or construction field
- Minimum of 1 yr. experience in underground utility work
- Minimum of 1 yr. experience working outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Be able to read and understand simple directions
- Must be able to read a tap
- DISA Drug Testing
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, the duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and may be amended at anytime as necessitated by business demands at the sole discretion of the Employer.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Barriere Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Barriere Construction Company A CRH Company is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Barriere Construction Company A CRH Company makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.