On November 13, Barriere concluded its largest Emerging Leaders Program ever with an outing at Covey Rise Lodge in Husser, Louisiana. The 14 individuals’ completion of the three-month Program brings the total number of participants to 37 over the last decade – most are leading today’s Barriere.
Every member of Barriere’s Executive Management Team is actively involved in leading the Emerging Leaders Program, including a Welcome Dinner held in August and six themed sessions, the last of which tied in to the final outing. The 2021 class covered:
- Practices of Exemplary Leadership with VP, Construction Operations Matthew Woods
- Financial Leadership with EVP/CFO Heath Wahden and fellow Executive Committee members Asphalt Plants and Materials Group Manager Kevin Ervin, Asphalt Operations Manager Ricky Quigley, and Barriere Construction Group Operations Manager Michael Ryan
- Managing Yourself with VP, Asphalt Operations Jason Latiolais (who will become President/CEO effective January 1, 2022)
- Leading Others – Part One with President/CEO Peter Wilson
- Leading Others – Part Two with Senior Director of Safety/Training Paul Albrecht
- Lessons Learned with senior leadership, some of whom participated in the bonding session in Husser
Barriere Emerging Leaders are fully committed to directing their energies into leadership as well as mentorship roles, and the Program is a key part of our succession planning. In the 2021 Lessons Learned session, participants reflected on the mentoring they engaged in with at least two employees who will eventually takeover for them once they are promoted.
Our Class of 2021 is already shaping the company, and we are committed to supporting them and ALL of our employees in their continued development. Congratulations to the following Emerging Leaders on a successful Program!
- Austin Savoie, South Shore Asphalt Plant Manager
- Brad Taylor, Quality Control Manager
- Brent Neal, Project Manager
- Cesar Madrid, Superintendent
- Chad Morales, Asphalt Paving Foreman
- Cory Ogeron, Foreman
- Drew Keightly, Superintendent
- Josh Munna, Resource Optimization Center Manager
- Justin Taylor, Project Manager
- Les Mays, Safety Manager
- Kasie Creel, Asphalt Paving Foreman
- Will Carpenter, Superintendent
- Zac Jourdan, Sr. Project Manager
- Zach Schilling, Project Manager
Barriere’s Culture of Care resources and programs, such as our Emerging Leaders Program, have attracted many of the region’s industry experts who started out with us, grew with us, and chose to build careers with us, and we are hiring. Check out our open positions to see if a partnership path with Barriere is right for you!