January 29, 2018
Barriere’s CEO Earns National Safety Council Recognition
Many thanks to the National Safety Council for naming Barriere’s CEO, Peter A. Wilson, a 2018 CEO Who “Gets It” – an annual recognition presented to industry leaders who go above and beyond to make safety their highest priority! Check out Peter’s profile in Safety+Health Magazine.
“These leaders understand that nothing drives business like safety,” said Deborah A.P. Hersman, president and CEO of the National Safety Council. “They have set a high bar for both their peers and employees, and we are proud to recognize their efforts.”
This year’s CEOs represent national and international organizations. Each honoree has built his or her organization’s safety strategy using four key components: leadership and employee engagement, safety management solutions, risk reduction, and performance measurement. These four pillars are the basis of the National Safety Council Journey to Safety Excellence program, a process of continuous improvement with a goal of zero harm.
This year’s recipients are:
- Garrett “Hank” Danos, chairman of the board (president and CEO from 1990 to 2017), Danos
- Daniel M. Evans, president and CEO, Fluor Federal Petroleum Operations
- Dr. Abdulrahman Jawahery, president, Gulf Petrochemical Industries Co.
- Tammie Johnson, president and CEO, CJ Drilling
- Michael P. McMahon, president, Day & Zimmermann ECM
- Chris Pappas, president and CEO, Trinseo
- David D. Petratis, chairman, president and CEO, Allegion
- Peter A. Wilson, president and CEO, Barriere Construction Co. LLC
Profiles of the CEOs Who “Get It” will be featured in the February 2018 issue of Safety+Health magazine.