On May 25, Barriere hosted orientation for its 2022 summer intern class at our Boutte Training Center. We welcomed 13 students from eight universities with multiple areas of study including marketing, civil engineering, industrial technology, and construction management. Barriere’s summer intern program is designed to cultivate industry talent and provide real-world opportunities for students to learn and grow in their desired career fields.
The orientation featured a comprehensive program, including Barriere President and CEO, Jason Latiolais, meeting with the students and giving them the opportunity to get acquainted with one another, in addition to meeting some of the Barriere team and learning about the program. Each intern will have the opportunity to work with their Barriere supervisor to develop a project for the duration of their internship. This will provide the students with hands-on experiences and allow them to directly contribute to improving our work processes.
The students also learned about the role of a field engineer from Justin White, former three-time intern program alumnus and now Barriere VP of Asphalt Operations. The class participated in a safety training session under the direction of Joe Matias, Field Safety Coordinator, who is also a Barriere intern program alumnus. The day was rounded out with presentations on technology, program requirements and Barriere work processes and protocols.
This year’s class boasts an exceptional group of individuals, and it is our pleasure to introduce and welcome them into the 2022 Summer Intern program:
- William Perilloux, Louisiana Tech University, Civil Engineering
- Hyunji Cho, University of Georgia, Civil Engineering
- Hayden Gebbia, Southeastern Louisiana University, Industrial Technology
- Matthew Christy, University of New Orleans, Civil Engineering
- Hannah Milhet, University of New Orleans, Civil Engineering
- Jacob Taylor, Louisiana State University, Construction Management
- Lari Grieff, Louisiana State University, Construction Management
- Parker LeBlanc, Louisiana State University, Construction Management
- Clark Romig, Louisiana State University, Construction Management
- Torbin Breit, Baton Rouge Community College, Construction Management
- Colin Ward, Louisiana State University, Construction Management
- Matthew DaBella, University of Southern Mississippi, Construction Management
- Hays Hooten, University of Alabama, Marketing